Friday, August 4, 2017

Welcome to 3B

Greetings 3B Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Third Grade! I am so excited you are joining my class this school year. As a Great Hearts teacher my classroom culture is joyful and dedicated to virtue and academic rigor. We will spend time reading imaginative and awe-inspiring literature, discussing deep questions, and persevering through challenges. I look forward to watching your students grow into virtuous leaders and lovers of learning who enthusiastically embrace the good, true, and beautiful. 
This will be my fourth-year teaching at Arete. In addition to my time working with fourth and fifth graders, I received a Bachelors Degree with High Distinction from the University of Virginia. At the University, I double majored in Italian Studies and Religious Studies, focusing on Christianity and Islam. It was through the Religious Studies Department that I participated in the Distinguished Majors Program, in which I wrote a research thesis on pneumatology in early Syriac baptismal liturgy. At the University, I also worked closely under Dr. Vigen Guroian, a Children’s Literature consultant for Great Hearts Academies, who personally recommended me for my position at Archway. Moving to Arizona to teach at Archway Arete was the best decision of my life. It was here that I met my husband and found a wonderful community of friends and family. When I am not teaching, my husband and I love attending professional sports games, hiking when the weather is cool, visiting the Gilbert Farmer’s Market, and going to the movies. We have two poodles, named Smokey and Coco, who love to go on adventures with us all over town. I can’t wait to begin this school year, and to get to know all of you!
Throughout the year, I hope that we will stay in close contact in order to best care for your child. You can reach me easily through email at lstapleton@archwayarete.org. Additionally, I will maintain a classroom blog (stapleton3b.blogspot.com) where you can find information about upcoming tests and classroom events. I recommend you use the “follow my blog” widget on the right-side bar so that you receive an email when the blog is updated. I look forward to getting to know you and your child at Meet the Teacher night.

Respectfully yours,

Mrs. Stapleton 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Welcome parents and students of 3B! 

My name is Hannah Fulbright, and I am thrilled to be in Third Grade for this academic school year!  Some of you may remember me as Miss Maguire, a Fourth Grade assistant from last year, or the Kindergarten/First Grade lead Athenaeum teacher from two years ago. This will be my sixth year in education, ranging from Kindergarten through 8th grade. I am an avid traveler, foreign language learner, and oil painter. 

 I am recently married as of May 2017 and had a wonderful summer with my new husband, Rob! We went to Maui and swam with sea turtles, so no complaints here!

Mrs. Stapleton and I look forward to having 30 more personalities that will continuously learn and grow and who will forever change our hearts. 


Cordially,

Hannah Fulbright